Prior to Appointment
Remove makeup; please arrive with clean skin
Remove contact lenses, they can cause irritation during the service. Bring glasses.
Do NOT perm, tint, or curl lashes
Do NOT apply heavy moisturizers, lotions, or facial oils to your skin
Be prepared to lay on your back with your eyes closed for up to 90 minutes
If you need to cancel and/or reschedule your appointment, let me know at least 24 hours prior to appointment. Cancellation fees will apply.
During the initial 24 hours after your appointment:
• Avoid steam, hot showers, facials, saunas, and swimming pools.
• Do not use the spa, tanning bed or overexert yourself. The adhesive bond needs this time to fully cure without corrupting interactions. Spray tanning is allowed, if eyes are shielded.
• Do not get your lashes wet for 24 hours after each application. This affects the strength of the adhesive bond. After the first day, daily cleansing is a must. Use an extension-safe cleanser to remove makeup, dirt, oil, bacteria, etc.
• Be sure to wait 5-10 minutes after wetting extensions before brushing through them, since the hair follicle is susceptible to breakage when wet.
Taking care of your Eyelash Extensions:
• Avoid rubbing your eyes, petting, picking or pulling your lash extensions. Certain seasons may cause allergies, or an increase in shedding and may require more frequent maintenance appointments during these periods.
• Do not use an eyelash curler while wearing eyelash extensions. Heated eyelash curlers are safe, but not recommended.
• Proper hygiene is one of the most important steps in maintaining your extensions. Please wash your lashes daily with an eyelash extension safe foaming cleanser.
• All products used around the eye area should be oil-free. Any oil-based product (mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, eye cream, medication, ointment, salve, concealer, foundation, etc.) near the eye area will break down the adhesive.
• Use caution when applying creams and moisturizers around the eye area. Apply these products 1-2 hours before bedtime. Blot away excess moisture before closing your eyes for the night.
• We recommend sleeping on your back if possible. A small (travel, neck, etc.) pillow helps to prevent sleeping on lashes.
• Avoid water-proof eye makeup. This will make cleansing the lashes very difficult and may cause excess shedding.
• After showering, please wait 5-10 minutes for your extensions to dry before brushing. Brush them gently with a clean and dry mascara wand.
• Please no mascara! It’s very hard to remove, breaks down adhesive from previous application, and interferes with bond of next application. Please arrive without eye/under-eye makeup, which interferes with proper bonding and may cause retention issues.
• We recommend regular touch-up appointments every 2-3 weeks to maintain desired fullness. If you wait more than 4 weeks to get a refill/ touch-up/ fill, a full set will be required at the current price.
• If you have any concerns or questions about unusual symptoms, please contact us immediately or consult your physician.
We all know how great it feels to walk out of a studio and be satisfied with the service we received. Lash and Brow Babe NJ is here to tackle all your needs with a professional consultation that will leave you looking and feeling phenomenal. Come in and give us an hour of your time — you’ll be glad you did!